Date(s) - 16/06/2017 - 19/06/2017
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Shetland Simmer Dim 2017
Shetland Simmer Dim
Shetland Simmer Dim is an all inclusive weekend.
This Simmer Dim, why not join the most Northerly UK hash weekend.
This year we will be going as far north as we can, Saxa Vord, an ex RAF base, on the island of Unst.
The rough plan for the weekend is as follows:
- Fri Night – Catch the overnight ferry* from Aberdeen at 7PM
- at Morn – Breakfast, coach to run no. 1, circle and then lunch provided
- Sat Aft – Coach to Unst and settle in to Hostel
- Sat Eve –Dinner of local Shetland delicacies followed by Ceilidh dancing
- Sun Morn – Breakfast, run no. 2, circle and then lunch provided
- Sun Aft – Free time to enjoy Unst
- Sun Eve – Dinner of local Shetland delicacies followed by more dancing
- Mon Morn – Breakfast, run no. 3, circle and then lunch and coach back to Lerwick
- Mon Night – Catch the ferry* back and arrive in Aberdeen for 7AM
*For those non party goers flights can also be caught from Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness.
An optional Red Dress Run will be held on Thursday night starting at 7pm from The Prince of Wales, raising money for the RNLI (accommodation in Aberdeen to be organised by attendees)
The price includes
- “the best ever food on a hash weekend”
- local Valhalla Beer (other drinks also provided)
- 3 runs including all transport and
- more entertainment than you can shake a stick at!
The committee can guarantee two things on this event – the sun will never set on this hash weekend and you will not get a T-Shirt!
You will be staying two nights at the glorious Saxa Vord Resort in Unst (sleep optional!) sleeping in twin/double/single rooms.
For those wishing to stay longer, additional nights can be booked directly with the resort.
The cost for this amazing fun will be £220** till 31st March and £240 from 1st April onwards