Date(s) - 03/07/2017 - 09/07/2017
Eurohash 2017 – Vienna Calling
Famous words by a famous Viennese Artist. The best words to invite all Hashers and Harriettes from all over the world to a great Hashing Party!
Vindobona Hash House Harriers celebrate their 35th birthday in 2017! Enough reason to host
EuroHash 2017 in Vienna – Austria.
There is so much to say about Vienna – host of the Eurohash 2017.
It definitely is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, well organised and managed and providing a very high standard of living.
EuroHash 2017 – Programme
At this stage, the programme is preliminary and still subject to change, but here is what we plan:
To start with, we intend to fill the week before EuroHash 2017 with some interesting events. We know a lot of our friends want to take the opportunity to spend some days in Vienna and explore the city. Also we expect a lot of returnees, that still have friends they want to meet. And the 4th of July is a holiday in the US…
Prelubes to EuroHash 2017 in Vienna:
Monday, July 3rd
- (E-Day – 4) Evening Regular Hash Run with VH3. More details to be announced.
Tuesday, July 4th
- (E-Day – 3) Day Depending on numbers, we will organize a sight seeing tour in or around Vienna. Details coming up.
- Evening To be announced. Special Programme for early visitors that want to relax after a day of sight seeing.
Wednesday, July 5th
- (E-Day – 2) Afternoon /Evening The famous THIRD MAN event. Plans combine a movie show, Third Man safari in Vienna and maybe a beer or two.
- Come and experience the world of the Third Man!
- Details can be found on the Third Man-page.
Thursday, July 6th 2017 – THE RED DRESS RUN
- (E-Day – 1) High Noon Registration for Red Dress and EuroHash opens.
- Receive your Goody Bag, Wrist Bands and some last minute information.
- Tea Time Red Dress Run (please note, this event is at an extra fee).
- Evening Pub Crawl/Party in Vienna.
And then of course, we have EuroHash 2017!
Friday, July 7th
- (E-Day!) Breakfast Touristic Programme. We will provide some touristic venues for those interested. They will be at extra cost and announced later. At this stage we have some rough ideas like:
- A guided bicycle tour around the city (Bash)
- A ride with a private and historic tram around the inner city
- A visit to the big wheel (being part of the VH3 logo!), maybe in private cabins with some cold beers
- A visit to Laxenburg Castle etc.
- (Visiting Hares setting off to set the runs…)
- After Lunch Registration opens. Receive your wrist band and Goody Bags (and some last minute information).
- Tea Time Eurohash 2017 officially starts with a “Fassanstich” (the traditional ritual of tapping the first barrel of beer). Bars open.
- Dinner Time:
- Dinner will be available. Bars keep open.
- After Dinner Speeches, Announcements (Bars keep open);
- Presentations for EuroHash 2019 and Vote.
- After Speeches Dancing and Disco till the end (2 a.m.).
- Bars stay open till then.
Saturday, July 8th
- (E-Day+1) Morning Buses leave: Starting with the Ballbreakers. Then the other runs will leave.
- Until Tea Time All circles will be completed and the busses return home.
- After Tea Time Bars open again.
- Dinner will be available.
- Bars keep open.
- After Dinner Evening Programme and Party:
- Bars keep open till the end.
- During the evening we will have a true Viennese Song Contest amongst other highlights.
- Wait for more information.
Sunday, July 9th
- (E-Day+2) Late Morning Hang over runs and walk in and around the city.
- Lunch Time Final circles.
- Lunch Time Lunch (Snacks will be provided).
- After Lunch Closing Ceremony and ONON to EuroHash 2019!
Please note: This programme is still preliminary and might change until we get closer to the event.
For more information please visit the event website CLICK HERE.